Chauvet led steppy dimming

Hey all! Probably been talked about before but I'm having an issue with my Chauvet colordash par quad 18s not dimming smoothly. I believe they're supposed to be 16 bit dimming but the default patch for them is set at 8 bit. When I go to change it to 16 it gets mad at me because I have them all patches one after the other set at 10 channels each so if I switch it to 16 bit it adds an 11th channel. Wondering if there's a work around for this. 

Parents Reply
  • I have some chauvet gear, and noticed that the manual incorrectly said that I could separately control the outer ring of LEDs and the inner ring of LEDs.  Non of the profiles allowed for that.  I won't claim "bait and switch" but it is annoying.

Is there a dimmer mode setting or a curve setting on the lamp itself?  that may help with the steppy-ness. 

And, I was told that if you have a unit programmed for a high Power Width Modulation (PWM?) (LED flicker rate on camera), that will negatively affect the dimming.  try a lower setting (1200 was suggested to me).

Good Luck

Andrew

Children
Related