Subs with fade time and hold

My real question is: Is there a way that when a fader of a sub is up at full to then disable the fader and run that sub out in time using the bump button? 

Because: I used to be able to, and it now does not work. In older Eos software (for example: 2.2.1) I used to be able to have a sub's fader up, press the bump button (putting the sub on Hold for some reason it would count the down time here even though no change would be actively taking place), bring the fader down (with no change to the active levels of the sub's contents), then use the bump button again to take the sub's contents out in the down time. 

Now, when I execute those same actions, the levels move as if they are NOT on hold. It seems like the fader does not respect the Hold and moves the contents of the sub regardless. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Am I missing the idea of hold? I know it's for if I have used the bump button to bring the sub up but what if the sub was already manual: how do we then transition into a timed fade out using the sub out time?  

Related