Magic Sheet Feature Request

It would be extremely helpful to have the ability to select fixture on the magic sheets the same way as MA2 Layouts or Hog Plots. would like to be able to have fixture selection be in order selected by the lasso tool rather than just numerical. for example. lets say i had a grid of 9 fixture 1-9 in a 3X3 grid, 1 being upper left 9 being lower right. if i lassoed the array from lower left  drawing the lasso box right then up, id like to have the fixture selection result be 7-9,4-6,1-3, or if a draw the lasso box from same position up then right, have the selection order result be 7,4,1,8,5,2,9,5,3. lets say I start from upper right then lasso down then left then Id want the selection result to be 3,6,9,2,5,8,1,4,7

This is most helpful when trying to create an effect that I want to move across a large array of un-evenly  positioned fixtures in a uniformed manner lets say like a intensity wave from stage right to stage left. Especially helpful when i have 300 plus fixtures! grouped together in pods about the set. the only option i have right now is to spend a great deal of time trying to create the "stage right to stage left " order by clicking on each individual fixture in order i want and praying that i don't double click or miss a fixture resulting in having to start all over again!

• You can group the Fixtures in a Group into Subgroup.
    (1 thru 3) (4 thru 6) (7 thru 9)
    The "(" you will get if you press SHIFT /.
    That open the "(" the next SHIFT / will close it.
    If you now select the group you can jump from subgroup to subgroup with press next.

• Thanks for that great suggest!, however i am aware of the cool little trick. the problem I face is that the 300+ fixtures i have are not in order and not symmetrical. and are in pods some containing 16 fixtures, some pods contain 18 fixtures, some pods only 3 fixtures. and the arrangement in each pod is slightly different. the only option i have at this time is to select all 300+ fixtures one by one in the order I need the effect to run. a very lengthy and nerve racking procedure. the ability to use the lasso tool to determine the selection order would solve this issue plus enable me to change the direction at a moments notice without having to go through the whole process again in a different direction. A feature present in the MA2 and Hog systems that I feel Ion programmers would greatly benefit from. my suggestion would be to make this a mouse left button function, and move the current lasso selection to the mouse right button that way we get both functions.. super powerful for IOS!!!!

• I know this post is old but I'd like to second this feature request. I was going to post the same request myself, but then I found this post and a few others.

There's no easy alternative to working with a large grid of lights, especially when they have been hung by the rigging crew out of order (which is often the case). It's incredibly convenient how it works in MA where the console remembers the selection order AND whether you dragged your finger left to right or top to bottom first. I'm an EOS programmer but there's a few things I like about MA that I wish EOS would emulate. 

Thanks

Greg L

• Perhaps a lasso selection option toggle tis in order hat lets us choose the manner of lasso, for example Default ( lasso select behaves as is) or Custom ( lasso selects by cursor direction) 

Related