need help with effects on Ion using colorsource cyc lights

we just updated our cyc lights to Colorsource Cyc units. (14 of them) 7 top and 7 bottom. I got them all hooked up and running on our Ion. each light is assigned it's own DMX channel so I have complete control of each light. I even got simply "solid" color looks assigned and onto faders/submasters. So anyone can go in and slide a fader up to bring a color up on the cyc. NOW...I want to dome some "effects"....I know the board has a number of built in effects labeled "effects 901 thought like 924" I believe. I watched a couple of the ETC tutorials, but the guy his hitting buttons on his console MY board doesn't even have..Like the Effect button, etc. I did manage to find the "effect tab" on my board and located the preloaded effects. My question is: HOW do I assign one of the preloaded effects to my new colorsource cyc lights? my control channels for the cyc lights are 111-124 but I have no idea how to make the chase, or swipe. I'd love some more help if possible. Thanks

Parents Reply
  • I will give that a try tomorrow when I get back into the booth.  Does it matter that I already have "colors" assigned to submasters. Our drama dept. likes to use basic colors on submasters, so they just have to slide the sub up to add color on the cyc. I set up 4 subs, red, blue, green, yellow.  I don't imagine that would have anything to do with an effect NOT working. I didn't have any of the subs "Full" when I was trying to make the effect work. 

Children
Related