Eos Programming Wing

Hi Everyone,

I am doing some research about possible new lighting consoles and I came across the Eos programming wing and I'm confused about if you have to have a gadget or a puck alongside it to output dmx or if you can just do that with a nomad key and a computer and the programming wing? Also if that is true, through that setup would you also be able to run hog 4 like you would be able to do with a gadget or puck? If so, would the programming keypad on the wing work on hog 4?

Thanks,

Campbell

Parents
  • Hi,

The Eos Programming wing has four dmx (rdm capable) built in ports. But if you want more than 4 universes of local dmx outputs you can buy a gadget II (also rdm capable).  To unlock universes, you need a the nomad key. (The nomad key and gadget II both work w/ hog 4) You can use your own computer to with a nomad key and programming wings. The Eos nomad puck is just a dedicated nuc mini computer that runs the eos/hog4 software that has a built in nomad key. The Eos Programming wing is different than the keypad of the hog4 console line but if you want a programming wing for hog4 there is the hoglet 4.

• Thank you Samkphx! It makes a lot more sense now. But the one thing that I am still wondering about is if I got a Eos programming wing and a key, would I be able to run hog 4 just on my pc and only use the wing as an output device or would I have to buy a gadget to do that?

Thanks,

Campbell

Reply Children
Related