offset left / right and odd / even not based on channel numbers

Hey everybody,

background: I want to create a macro that automaticly updates groupes. For example I record all my spots into group 1.

I tried Group 1 Offset Groups 2 Odd - I thought it would group the selection and pick the odd group. Instead it just picks odd channel number. So if my spots were on Channel 32,34,36,38 there would not be any selected fixtures left.

I do have spots at 31 to 38. How can I select only 31 thru 34 by just refering to group 1? (Left half - the right half would be trivial group 1 - group 2)

In my case selecting odd and even fixtures works. But what do I have to do, when I want to pick odd and even fixtures which are not in order like 31 thru 38? What if my spots were on channel 32, 34, 36, 38? Like Offset gap?

Thanks for your help!

Lars

• Offset Odd selects odd channels. If you want to select every other channel in your group, then Offset 2 will select the first channel in the selection, then the third, then the fifth, etc. If you want to do the same thing, but with the next set of channels, then Offset 2/2 will select the second, fourth, sixth, etc. This works for all numbers, such as 4/1, 4/2, 4/3, 7/5, 11/3, etc.

If you know the number of channels in your group every time you make your auto groups, then you can select the first half with Offset Chan per Group (Total channels in selection/2) Jump (Total channels in selection/2), and the last half by doing the same, with a Reverse thrown in. Then if you want, you can select the last half group that you just created, Offset Reorder them, and re-record the group so that it’s 35-38 instead of 38-35 (Which matters in certain contexts, like effects).

Related