EOS Startup Password Lock

Hello! I am the head of lighting at my local theater company, and I was wondering if there was any way that you can set up a startup password to keep people from messing up your show, or changing your settings? There are many times that I am not in, and when someone who doesn't know how to use the board try to turn on the lights, they end up changing my settings, or doing something weird, especially when there are wall panels to turn on the lights. I saw that there were talks about doing this before, but that was a few years ago, and I wanted to know if there was any update on the situation. Also, the board that we use is the Element 2.

And, yes, I am aware of the Shift+Escape Lockout combo, we don't keep the board on 24/7, so that setting isn't always on...

Parents
  • I cant check as the board is several thousand miles away as I got stuck in wrong country when borders closed due to virus.

But cant you set it so it starts up with a magic sheet in limited expand mode with keyboard etc locked and then unless they know how to get out of that mode they cant tamper with anything and your magic sheet could just have some buttons for them to turn on/off the work lights etc.

• I cant check as the board is several thousand miles away as I got stuck in wrong country when borders closed due to virus.

But cant you set it so it starts up with a magic sheet in limited expand mode with keyboard etc locked and then unless they know how to get out of that mode they cant tamper with anything and your magic sheet could just have some buttons for them to turn on/off the work lights etc.

Children
No Data
Related