A "Wild Show"!

We have four inexpensive MLs that sport Intensity, RGB, P&T and 'Beam Width'.
During a rock & roll number in a play we want to use them to liven things up!

1/ Keep the beam width to its tightest throughout (Cam Focus 100%).
2/ Throw the beams around (figure of "8" preprogrammed 903 works fine)
3/ Snap the colors between R,G and B as the beams travel.
My attempt is a real smorgasbord and it would be instructive for me to learn how more experienced hands might tackle this.
What palettes could be used, in what order and how would they layer into Presets perhaps?
  • I'm no effects guru but I see this hasn't been answered. The secret is to make 2 effects. In general effects can only run on similar parameters; color, beam; position... 

#1 just set it in the cue or sub. You could use a preset, but I only make references for things I'll use more than twice. 

#2 add 903 with rate size.

#3 create 3 color palettes and apply them in a step based effect. Fade time between them would be 0, dwell time 1/3rd of the cycle time.

My template (starter) file has 'by type' palettes that match the 'standard colors' in the gel picker. (12 colors around the wheel in different saturations.) I have one of each fixture I've ever used, patched to channels 900+ in universes I'll never use. It takes some time to get all the fixtures set to all those palettes, but it means I have instant and easy access to a wide range of colors for effects, direct selects, magic sheet buttons and the like. 

• Hi Rick. This forum is usually so busy that a lack of reply means 1/ What was asked made no sense or 2/  any one needing guidance for such a simple task shouldn't be allowed near a real console (LOL). So your reply was really appreciated.

Your methodology is more efficient than mine but I particularly liked that stacking 'by type' palettes in a template file. And having a garage of patched fixtures in a hidden universe nulls out your "No effects guru" I believe.

Thank you. I can now move on.

Related