Nomad grandMA2 onPC connection on separate computers setup

Can anyone please tell me how I may run Nomad on one PC and grandMA2 onPC / Ma3d on the other? The two Pcs have Ethernet cards and connect the same router. I need to know what to configure in MA2 as Nomad has an address of 10.0.0.1 for the visualizer in built. All help gratefully received.

Parents
  • So you have MAonPC and 3D already connected?

So when your Nomad PC has IP 10.0.0.1/24 your PC with MA programs on it needs some adress like 10.0.0.2. You have to change it in OS as ueliregg mentioned. Then in MA in Network configurations you have to check that correct network card is chosen. You also have to check in 3D. Then it should work. You may have to park onPC output at 0 but try it like this first. Let us know if it works.

I had that setup quiet some time. So I can defnitly help you.

• Thanks for your help. If I have Nomad, MA2 & MA3D on one computer the connections work with Nomad on 10.0.0.100 (adapter with Loopback) and MA2 and MA3D with 127.0.0.1 (Local loopback). MA2 using 127.0.0.1 to communicate with MA3D,  so MA2 using some 10.0.0.xx address to communicate with Nomad?

So splitting Nomad on one computer and MA2 & MA3D on another, Nomad would not be using a 'Loopback' adapter but a normal one, but with an address of 10.0.0.1?  MA2 and MA3D would then not use 127.0.0.1 but both use the same 10.0.0.xx address?

Sorry if I seem confused Confused!

• You have to use a physical network adapter on both PCs. So if the physical network adapter of MA pc has 10.0.0.1, configure the nomad pc e.g. 10.0.0.2 and connect both interfaces with a cable. You can connect both pcs directly or use a switch.

Second possibility is to use DHCP of your network router. Configure both network adapters to get automatic address. Then connect both to your local network. Start nomad first and check ip setting. Should work. Configure network settings in MA second.

Let me know Wink

• Also, you just want to use a visualizer? What about joining open beta for eos 3 and using building augment3d. Then you do not need any network settings configured in order to have a visualizer

• Sorry to be so long in replying but I have been waiting for a power supply for my Netgear switch and I am having issues with my Windows 10 PC (keeps crashing due to a problem driver). Having received my power supply for the switch I have tried to connect the two PCs through it but although the Windows XP can see the Windows 10 PC (ping & tracert to it), the Windows 10 PC fails to see the Windows XP PC (ping or tracert). Certainly MA2 on Windows 10 doesn't have the address of the Windows XP PC in its list of IP addresses. It maybe that the home network is not configured correctly on the Windows 10 PC. Have you any suggestions on this please?

• Thanks for suggesting augment3d but, as I am trying to encourage the younger people in an AmDram society with an Element console, I don't want to confuse them but using something so up-to-date.

Reply Children
No Data
Related