Accesing Control Parameter / Mode for Focus Parameters

Hey there,

how do I access control parameter? Like when I create a new fixture type with parameter of control type?

I always modify fixture types of my moving lights. One reason is, that the manual and so the fixture type in library just fit 99%. Second reason is that I like to have 0° Pan always facing me instead of being to one side. So far so good. That works. Problem is that when I let a fixture stand instead of hang on truss, it does not fit anymore. I could create another fixture type with changed pan tilt ranges. I do not like it. So I created one that has "Position Mode" as a virtual parameter and Pan and Tilt have to modes refering to how Position Mode is set. But then I always have that Position mode selection in Front. And I do not need it often. It would be nice to access it in patch like gobo wheel selections are accessed. I thought a control parameter would be like that but... I don't know.

Can someone help me?

Thanks, Lars

Parents
  • It looks like a problem with one specific fixture (which you could request to have fixed). Al other situations can be handled by setting the pan/tilt invert in patch depending on having the fixture on the floor, on a truss or mounted vertically. This should fix your macro problem. Also the HOME preset helps to get your fixtures moving in the right direction if you move your rig with the encoders.

• It looks like a problem with one specific fixture (which you could request to have fixed). Al other situations can be handled by setting the pan/tilt invert in patch depending on having the fixture on the floor, on a truss or mounted vertically. This should fix your macro problem. Also the HOME preset helps to get your fixtures moving in the right direction if you move your rig with the encoders.

Children
  • It's a problem with four specific fixtures. The manual is wrong. I do not know why but in manual the tilt range is given like -135° to 135° but it is -104° to 111° in reality. ETC does not change the fixture type because they don't do anything that is different from manual.

And that's the reason why inverting tilt does not work. The range from 0° to -104° is smaller than from 0° to 111°. So 0° in uninverted is different from 0° in inverted. And that's worst case.

Moreover as I said I already use home preset. I know the way it works. By the way, it does not change anything according to my macros. For example 75° on uninverted tilt is different from 75° when tilt is inverted - it does not change whether home preset is used or not...

• I agree. It is a problem that there are no corrections to fixtures that are obviously wrong in the manual. Even High End fixtures (the ones with frames) all have the blades in the wrong order, because they are not correct in the manual. This is not a huge problem, since you can change the blade order in patch, but still annoying to do every single time.

Related