Patching Fixture no Type

Weird thing happen to me. I was hanging 9 no brand 36x10w LED Movers. The DMX IN is a female and DMX OUT is a male (They are backwards which sucks).Ran DMX and I readdressed them 1, 17, 33, etc. to 129. I patched them on the Ion on universe 2. They turned on, but I didn't have any ML controls. I went into patch and tried to give them a new TYPE, but I couldn't search or had anything in manufacturer. I decided to just open a new file and start from scratch. When I went into the patch, I couldn't search or have anything in manufacturer again. It's an older XP Ion with 2.9.1. Anyone ever had this happen? Is there a setting I'm missing?

Parents
  • if these are 12 / 16 channel mode things (looking at your "36x10w LED Movers") with some DMX in/out labelled incorrectly they sound a lot like the "Ridgeyards" we have been using and for which we had to write our own profile. Another give away on these if they are the RIdgeyards is that when you 1st turn them on or after not being used even for a couple of days the sub menus in the LCD 'disappear'. You have to know how to blindly set to "English" in the menu. A point that came up here before is they have a full turn of 630deg. This puts their halfway "Home" 45degoff center. And they a NOISEY. But the bang for buck is awesome and we used them in a number of (noisy) shows. 

• I ended up reinstalling 2.9.1 and the fixture library was back. I'm still not sure what happened. Yes, they have a 12/16 ch mode. All I know is that they were made in china. I was able to patch them in and get them going. Their default home for Intensity 2 is set at max, so it has be changed in order to get the color mixing capabilities. 

• That sound like the ones we know as Ridgeyards. We are running them in Augment3d vey well though I built our own Profile. We use 12 channel mode And I still don't understand that Can 6 "Customized Dimmer" on a 1 to 1 patch to test the new fixture I found that channel just like a regular  dimmer except it was very none-linear - acted strange. No idea what to do with it so call it a "User 1" and don't touch it. We get good color mix. For their $$ these a very good except they are really noisy.

• That sound like the ones we know as Ridgeyards. We are running them in Augment3d vey well though I built our own Profile. We use 12 channel mode And I still don't understand that Can 6 "Customized Dimmer" on a 1 to 1 patch to test the new fixture I found that channel just like a regular  dimmer except it was very none-linear - acted strange. No idea what to do with it so call it a "User 1" and don't touch it. We get good color mix. For their $$ these a very good except they are really noisy.

Children
No Data
Related