Remote on and off

Hello!

I have had problems with the remote on in my setup since V3.0

I can shut down over network but the on command do not work. I have a @5 and a Gio and have tried from both of them to turn on the other. The check box is checked in settings.

I know it have worked before. Any way to trubbel shoot it? Any rules for if it is a Master, backup or client I send the command from?

Johannes

Parents
  • There are several reasons why wake-on-LAN may not be working. Wikipedia has a bit of information on how to troubleshoot. 

en.wikipedia.org/.../Wake-on-LAN

It is possible the router or some other network firewall is blocking magic packets. Check the router's settings. Tools like Wireshark can be used to confirm packets are reaching their destination.

It is also possible the BIOS is not configured to accept magic packets, although that is exceedingly rare these days for consoles. If you find it isn't the router, contact ETC support directly and they can help you through troubleshooting the console.

• There are several reasons why wake-on-LAN may not be working. Wikipedia has a bit of information on how to troubleshoot. 

en.wikipedia.org/.../Wake-on-LAN

It is possible the router or some other network firewall is blocking magic packets. Check the router's settings. Tools like Wireshark can be used to confirm packets are reaching their destination.

It is also possible the BIOS is not configured to accept magic packets, although that is exceedingly rare these days for consoles. If you find it isn't the router, contact ETC support directly and they can help you through troubleshooting the console.

Children
Related