try to understand Global FX Fader - Effect Master Mode

Hello,

in the Manual there is written (p.332 v3.0):

• Effect Master - masters the entry/ exit mode of the effects (size, rate or both).

In my understanding, i can use this Mode like a Manual Time Fader but for the entry/exit - Time of all Effects(...Global ; ).

Paired with the Filter 'Manual Only' i could make smooth entry/exit behaviours for my manual FX.

But what i experianced is, that this Fader-Mode only controlles the size of the FX.

Is this a bug, am i understanding things wrong, or something completly different?

Thanks in advance

thilda

• The fader controls the entry/exit behavior for that effect-- so if the effects exit/entry is Fade by Size, the fader changes the size.  If it's exit/entry is fade by size and rate, then the fader affects both.   It does not override the existing exit/entry method but rather manipulates whatever properties are already set for the effect.

• Hello,

thanks a lot for that explanation.

My issue here is, if i set the Global FX Master @50 than the FX is also limited @50 (i would expect that if i set it to Rate or Size).

That has nothing to do with entry/exit time in my oppinion. Because the value in Tab36 is alway 0-100. I would expect a time value like on a Manual Time Fader...

Because the entry/exit Time is always taken from Cue/Sub as default.

Maybe i should announce this as a wish for a new feature?

Related