Ion xe20 map fader to channel?

Hi

Is there a way to map a set of faders to channels one-to-one on the Ion xe20?  We have 96 dimmers and I would like to map the first 96 faders directly to the channels for those dimmers.

I have tried this by having a submaster per channel but that doesn't seem to work (unless there is something I am missing) - for example if I have Ch1 at 50 and that same channel on a submaster, I can increase above 50 with the submaster, but I can't reduce, presumably because of HTP, but I can't find settings that wil give the fader complete control over the channel.

I appreciate I could use direct selects or magic sheet as an alternative.

Any advice much appreciated.

Parents Reply
  • Since you mentioned you were new to Eos - I would highly encourage you to try working from the command line / keypad in addition to using channel faders.  It will be slower, and probably more painful, at first, but over time with proper patching and use of the tools Eos provides you will be far faster on keys instead of faders.

If you haven't already, I would work through the workbooks and training videos that we offer.  

https://www.etcconnect.com/education/ at the bottom of the page are links to Video Tutorials, Workbooks, and Learning Stage (Forums is there too, but you clearly found that one already Slight smile )

Children
Related