Windows 10 upgrade?!

So obviously everyone is or has looked at getting a Windows 7 rebuild/upgrade if they have an older desk (we have 3; 1 is already done, trying to persuade for the money to do the other 2), but I wonder for how long the Windows 7 based system is going to be supported/viable?  Given that Microsoft have already stopped supporting Windows 7 as of the start of this year, is an Ion upgrade to Win7 only going to result in another upgrade being needed in a year or two?  

Does anyone have any information on this please?

thanks

Parents
  • Windows 7 going out of support has no impact on ETC consoles as they use Windows 7 Embedded, which has a much longer support cycle, and is a different product. The upgrade to Windows 7 added many additional features like touchscreen support, but there is less of an obvious need for Windows 10. If you would like to bring your older consoles onto Eos 3.0+, then I would suggest now is the time before the program ends.

Hope that's a help.

• Windows 7 going out of support has no impact on ETC consoles as they use Windows 7 Embedded, which has a much longer support cycle, and is a different product. The upgrade to Windows 7 added many additional features like touchscreen support, but there is less of an obvious need for Windows 10. If you would like to bring your older consoles onto Eos 3.0+, then I would suggest now is the time before the program ends.

Hope that's a help.

Children
Related