RDM not working on two EOS consoles

I have a rig with quite a few ETC Led2 Lustr fixtures (latest firmware) I tried to discover the fixtures using RDM (in order to change personality on multiple fixtures at once) on two different consoles, one classic ion with 2.9.1 and one ionXR with 3.0. On both consoles the RDM activity indicator lights up (also briefly with the correct count) but no fixture appear in the RDM Device list.

I can see the fixtures alright with a DMX gadget by City Theatrical on the same DMX line. Also I’ve tried if I am not in a strange Flexi situation.

what could be the problem here?

Parents
  • I am helping set up a new school theatre. They are using all Color Source fixtures with an Element 2 console. I have RDM enabled both in the shell and setup. I have the patch set to addresses and format is set to RDM. I already patched the fixtures manually to the addresses and channels I wanted. When in the RDM screen in patch the fixtures show up however only one fixture shows ETC with no channel number and the rest show no info other than the addresses and channels.

When I click on one fixture the screen shows obtaining information or something like that and the two RDM tiny boxes at the top of the screen flash 1 ch, 4 ch and something else randomly but nothing ever populates.

I tried to find videos and tutorials on setting up RDM on EOS family consoles and found only one that shows how to make sure everything is set properly in the shell and setup but nothing on how to actually run the RDM patching screen(s)

Is there any information, videos, etc. available for the new versions of EOS Consoles like Element 2 and others?

In the meantime I just used the manual patching to record the presets for the school, however there will be 3 more schools in the same district coming up.

• first question when talking about RDM is the signal path. or you going with DMX out of the console directly into the first fixture? no DMX splitters/boosters/optos? or is there any kind of network involved?

Reply Children
  • I knew this would come up as after I sent it I found an old question I sent regarding turning REM off  back in version 2.7.4 (completely unrelated to this) and you gave 3 ways, one being gateways. That got my brain stirring about how this is set up. I am just programming the console and focusing the fixtures. It is being sent via network from the console then dmx out to the fixtures so I need to verify how the gateway ports are set up. Once I do that and make sure it is all good, then if it still does not show then I will reply again. Thanks Uelirie!!!!

Related