Parked Channels indication in tombstone display

Hello all. I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, BUT. We work in a multi-operator environment and it sure would be nice if there was some indication in the tombstone display when a channel has been parked...greyed out...a big 'P' beside the channel #..something. Right now if you grab a channel that you don't know is parked, the channel display shows you changing the value but you get puzzled 'cause nothing is happening on stage.

Parents
  • A parked channel shows a P in the tombstone, to indicate its parked status.

• OK..putting on my glasses....frankly the "P" in 2pt arial got lost among the F..C..B etc. SO..mea culpa   Further to this however, I would be happier (don't know about others) if the "P" was BIG and in the Tombstone right beside the parked value..ie..P65.  It makes no sense to me that you can dial in a value that shows up as a live value. My more experienced operator was patting me on the shoulder (there there old timer) and coming up with (fantastical) scenerios that explain why the way it is has merit. If someone has parked a channel at zero that's exactly what I want to see..."P0" If I ask for that channel to be brought up and I see the value increasing in the tombstone but not on stage..my first thought is "the lamp has burned out".

Forgive me..keep trying to catch up with the times but it seems to be a moving target.

• While I wouldnt mind the P being larger, I would have to say that I think it should still show the programmed values like it does. I update lots of shows while I cant haze in the building for instance, where I'd park them out during programming updates, but can still see if they WOULD be on.

Maybe a view option to SEE parked values??

-Jeff

• I'm with Jeff on this one - I want to see what I'm programming/replaying, not what I might have held out for practical reasons. Presumably if the display showed "P00" if parked at zero, that's what the channel would record - so now plotting in that channel at zero into cues that I might want to use it in.

If something doesn't appear to be responding, my first response is to hit <Park><Park> and check the channel isn't parked up before I holler...perhaps the P could be bigger, but that would take up valuable space on the display which could be occupied by something else!

• I'm with Jeff on this one - I want to see what I'm programming/replaying, not what I might have held out for practical reasons. Presumably if the display showed "P00" if parked at zero, that's what the channel would record - so now plotting in that channel at zero into cues that I might want to use it in.

If something doesn't appear to be responding, my first response is to hit <Park><Park> and check the channel isn't parked up before I holler...perhaps the P could be bigger, but that would take up valuable space on the display which could be occupied by something else!

Children
No Data
Related