EOS v3 Nomad, fader pages fail to cycle forwards when pressing 'v'; cycling backwards with shift-v works

Probably a bug:
EOS 3.0 Nomad, fader page shortcut "v".

What works:
- press and hold v, press a number key. in PSD, page number in fader ribbon will switch to selected page.
- press Shift-v, the fader page number will cycle through the existing fader pages in reverse order.

What doesn't work:
press v. the fader page in the PSD fails to change.

Not a regression; this was already the case in v2.9.1. One difference however, back then the shortcut was Ctrl-P instead of v, and pressing Ctrl-P plus a page number was messy because of having to release Shift before pressing the number. (I assume this is why the shortcut was changed.)

Parents
  • Small update on this: 
    with some difficulty, I managed to build macros to switch to dedicated fader pages.

"FaderPagePress 3 FaderPageRelease", for example, to get to page 3.

But then, this happens...

Do this:

Run one of the macros, e.g. the one above, to switch to a specific fader page.
    Switch to any other fader page by pressing Shift-v.
    Then press v.

EOS will always throw you back onto fader page 3. (or whichever one you last went to via the macro.)

Either this is another bug, or part of the same bug.

• Still not working in v3.1.0.282 :

I learned the macro on an ION Xe20, Macro came out as follows :

'FaderPagePress 1 FaderPageRelease 1 FaderWing_Page 1 Wing_Group 1'

I transfered the showfile to my PC but it did not change the Fader Ribbon in the PSD (which is my goal, to use it with Luminosus).

Should I open a new feature request ?

• Still not working in v3.1.0.282 :

I learned the macro on an ION Xe20, Macro came out as follows :

'FaderPagePress 1 FaderPageRelease 1 FaderWing_Page 1 Wing_Group 1'

I transfered the showfile to my PC but it did not change the Fader Ribbon in the PSD (which is my goal, to use it with Luminosus).

Should I open a new feature request ?

Children
  •   My apologies that your post went un-answered for so long.  This has actually been an issue for a very long time - I was able to replicate it in v2.5.2 and have seen reports of it in v2.6 and v2.7 as well. 

the concept of "Wing_Group" is new to v3.1.0 and we know that the Macro does not indicate that the '1' after "FaderPagePress" specifies Wing Group 1.  This is confusing, for sure.

One way around this is to use Snapshots that are scoped exclusively to a specific Fader Page.  That might look like this, in the Snapshot options:

(Notice that I've toggled off the Monitor, so that my screens aren't changed)

We're aware that this doesn't address the desire to "page forward" since you have to know exactly which page you want to go to.  You could get around this with Macros, but it's not trivial or elegant to do so.

Related