Port/Offset patch default setting

For future versions, can port/offset please be set by default so that there is always the universe with a slash in front of the address (e.g. 2/48 for 2nd universe address 48) and each unversum starts with address 1 and not with address 513, 1025 etc.?

Parents
  • those are two different issues:

A) the address that's patched to a channel
    B) the universe view

A: this shows by default whatever you typed there. if you type 2/1 it will show 2/1, if you type 513 it will show 513. there is functionality connected to how you enter the address, e.g. Universe Overflow behaviour.
    if you want to view the address in a different format you can use the Data button

B: the Port/Offset softkey only affects the universe view but not how a channel's address is shown in the patch list.

• If I assign the start address by clicking in the field with all addresses in the respective universe with the port/offset view switched, 1/# is automatically written in the channel for unversum 1, 2/# for universe 2 and so on. Otherwise I would have to write the address with prefix #/ for the univerum. But this is quite inconvenient, so I always switch port/offset. But the setting does not remain permanently.

Therefore it would be good if the port/offset setting would be default or permanently saved.

• If I assign the start address by clicking in the field with all addresses in the respective universe with the port/offset view switched, 1/# is automatically written in the channel for unversum 1, 2/# for universe 2 and so on. Otherwise I would have to write the address with prefix #/ for the univerum. But this is quite inconvenient, so I always switch port/offset. But the setting does not remain permanently.

Therefore it would be good if the port/offset setting would be default or permanently saved.

Children
Related