Nomad as backup/client for Element

For a show I am currently working, I would like to be able to have multiple programmers working at once. Our main console is an Element (running windows 7e, but still an old element, not the element 2), and I would like to add a nomad station to program as well. Is it possible to add a nomad to an element as a backup or client?

I have the nomad in element mode, and am able to ping the element from the nomad and vice versa, and also have the nomad working as an Augment3d tether at times, which is working wonderfully.

However, when I boot into client mode or backup mode on the nomad it is not able to find any master consoles.

The network setup I have is just the two hooked together with a crossover cable, which has worked great and seems to be working now, as like I said before I can ping each and have them working in Augment3d tether mode just fine.

Is this possible or am I missing something obvious?

Parents
  • nomad can only handle one network card. so if your computer has a wired network card as well as WiFi make sure to disable WiFi. that way you can make sure nomad uses the network cable. in your nomad's shell, setings>network you can see which network card nomad currently uses to connect.

also: in settings>network in the shell scroll down a bit and make sure that Multiconsole is checked.

• nomad can only handle one network card. so if your computer has a wired network card as well as WiFi make sure to disable WiFi. that way you can make sure nomad uses the network cable. in your nomad's shell, setings>network you can see which network card nomad currently uses to connect.

also: in settings>network in the shell scroll down a bit and make sure that Multiconsole is checked.

Children
Related