Bug: Effect Rate Min/Max Values

Dear all,
I encountered a bug regarding effect rate faders: It is possible to type new values to the min and max values but after pressing enter (PC keyboard, touchscreen button, Ion facepanel), the value will be written to the open command line.
I'm using EOS 3.0.2 Build 6 (German language installation) on an Ion 6k and on a Windows 10 Pro x64 PC. The problem occurs on both platforms.

If setting the min/max values for effect rates is not supported, it should not be possible to type in values into those fields. I found this over four years old thread related to my problem: community.etcconnect.com/.../rate-fader-max-min.

If setting the min/max values for effect rates is not supported, the entered values should not be added to the command line.

I have added to screenshots. On the left you can see the fader config I added value 5 to the min field. On the right you can see that pressing enter results in a cue not found error since the value 5 is added to the unterminated command line (and cue 5 does not exist). On cuelists with more than 5 cues pressing enter would not cause an error but would do nothing.

Best regards
Johannes Felber

• Hello, Johannes:
    I wanted to confirm that this is only happening for you when you have an unterminated command line?  I have only been able to replicate when I had an unterminated command line and was making the edit in the CIA (as opposed to in the fader configuration tab).  If I am in fader configuration I am able to enter the range without issue, and if I am using the CIA I can change the range if my command line is terminated.

Further, I was unable to assign a range when the target of the fader is a Cue List.  Is this also true for you?

• Hello, Sasha :
    thanks for your fast reply.
    The target of the fader is a Cue List, that's correct. If I use different targets for the fader (e. g. a Sub), I'm able to set the range correctly; also in CIA even with an unterminated command line.

I tested it again with a terminated command line and a Cue List as target and was also able to reproduce the bug, that instead of Min or Max Cue is printed to the command line resulting in an error message (if the cue does not exist) and not setting the range.

However, I was not able to set the range for a fader assigned to a Cue List in tab 36 (Fader Config).

I also tried typing in the Min value for the Cue List via Command Edit Mode, which does not produce an error but also does nothing (see attached screenshot):

Do you need any further information?

Best regards from Vienna (Autria)
    Johannes Felber

• Thank you so much for the added information.  It appears that as this is related to cue lists it is already captured in our system as Eos-50464.  I have added notes from this conversation to that report.

Related