How do you make a simple on/off linear effect on fixtures with more than one intensity parameter?

Hello,

Would anyone mind helping me out with this question? I have patched 4 lights into my show with 16 intensity parameters each (they're Astera Titan tubes.)

I wrote a linear effect to do a simple chase, on/off. 

I can't figure out how to get the effect to run on the intensity parameters 1 through 16 with linear effects, I wrote a step based effect that does exactly what I'm imagining but that process isn't as flexible as the linear effect so I would like to learn how. 

With the step based effect my effect works just as I imagine: Intensity 1 turns on briefly then turns off as Intensity 2 turns on, then Intensity 3, 4 and so forth. 

In linear effects all 16 parameters come on at the same time and turn off at the same time. If I run the same effect on 4 "Intensity" parameters the chase runs as expected (so it works on "Intensity" but not on "Intensity 1 through 16".)

Can anyone help me out with this? I've been trying everything I can think of with no luck after several hours. Thanks!

Here's some screen shots of the effects.

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related