Augment3d: FPE & a moveable grid

I have a moveable grid with lights that I’m looking to set up in Augment3d.

There are too many lights spread out over too great an area, so physically measuring their placement is impractical. I’m planning on using FPE to find their XYZ positions, but how does that work with a grid that varies heights??

Will I need to re-record all the FPE focus points for all the fixtures every time I adjust the height?? Or is there a solution I’m not seeing?

Thanks,
Jeff

Parents
  • FPE is an alternative method to enter the XYZ location. once this is set you don't need to worry about FPE anymore.

what you want to do is to raise you grid, leave it at one height and then make your focus palettes, do the whole FPE business and afterwards forget FPE.

then go to patch, add a new channel, type Scenic Element Movable. in Live select that channel and use the Z Focus encoder to move it to the height of your grid. go to agument3d tab and nest your grid and the fixtures inside this channel.

the Scenic Element Movable channel moves the position of your grid. so if you raise the grid in real life, select the channel und use the Z Focus encoder to dial in the new height. like this the console now knows the new height of the fixtures and will be able to still focus the lights correctly despite the new height.

• FPE is an alternative method to enter the XYZ location. once this is set you don't need to worry about FPE anymore.

what you want to do is to raise you grid, leave it at one height and then make your focus palettes, do the whole FPE business and afterwards forget FPE.

then go to patch, add a new channel, type Scenic Element Movable. in Live select that channel and use the Z Focus encoder to move it to the height of your grid. go to agument3d tab and nest your grid and the fixtures inside this channel.

the Scenic Element Movable channel moves the position of your grid. so if you raise the grid in real life, select the channel und use the Z Focus encoder to dial in the new height. like this the console now knows the new height of the fixtures and will be able to still focus the lights correctly despite the new height.

Children
Related