Staging Mode

I'm trying to understand the usage and purpose of the Stage Mode / Staging Button.  is its primary purpose connected to A3D?  if not, how would it be incorporated into an operator's workflow, and for what purpose?

I could make it work (change levels in Live without affecting output onstage), and then "Commit" those changes to a Live output, affecting the stage. 

I couldn't seem to get changes "saved" to the Staging buffer for going back to later (the Stage Mode button never flashed).

Am I missing something, or should I not worry about it? (I've only got 3 I-Cue units, and 20 Coloursource LED units, and don't expect to delve into A3D for years).

Thanks very much.

Andrew

• Staging Mode is most useful when used together with Augment3d but it is far from useless without it.

the difference is how much you will need to use your imagination. while in Staging Mode you don't see on stage what's going to happen. this will be indicated in Augment3d and/or the Live tab. just like when editing a cue in Blind you will have to interpret what the numbers mean if you don't have to visualisation.

if you have values in the staging buffer those will remain there (which should be indicated by a blinking Stage button) until you wither commit the changes to Live or Blind or you clear the staging buffer by pressing the Stage hardkey while in Staging Mode.

• Thanks.  I just discovered my issue with not saving to the buffer. 

[Stage], make changes, commit changes [Copy to] & [Enter], (changes appear on stage, data in manual Red colour) save/update cue.  still in [Stage] mode.

or

[Stage] make changes, [Live] to return to live output and keep the changes in the buffer, [Stage] to return to and recall from the buffer......

Use the [Live] button to close the Stage Screen & save to the buffer (the Live button isn't mentioned in the manual)

Using the [Stage] [Enter] process clears the buffer and closes stage.

Thanks Ueliriegg

Related