Laptop Client to Ion 3.0.2 connectivity

I was trying to connect the designer's laptop as a client (with dongle) to my Ion.

A recent post listed these details for a successful connection, but I guess I was missing some of them.

the prerequisites for connection of two consoles (or console and a laptop) are:

• same Eos software version
  • same Eos fixture library version
  • IPs in the same subnet
  • same language setting in Eos
  • MultiConsole activated on both consoles
  • Firewalls off or applications allowed to pass
  • nomad mode has to match console (Nomad Element mode for connecting to Element console)
  • wired network connection

so the software, library, language, launched Ion for Ion (and not Element) and wired connection were all in place.  the Mac laptop could see my Ion.  in the Troubleshooting window, my console was listed in the right side, but in deep red text.  I couldn't click on it to make it connect.

The laptop was connected to the same router that my ETC RFR is patched through (the ethernet port assigned to the ETC IP address, and not the real world address port).  would this make a difference without changing IP addresses in the Laptop? 

The subnets were both 255.255.0.0.  His IP was similar to the ETC IP address (10.101 . . . . . ).  we could change it in his Finder, but not in the Shell Set-up....

Not sure about activating MultiConsole?  where is that?  Given the red Ion Name (above), is that what we were missing?

Thanks.  I'll miss the ease of the RVI, but won't miss lugging in out and lifting it on the production table . . .

Andrew

Parents Reply Children
Related