EOS Classic: FX pattern editor shifted upwards on screen since v2.8; problematic on EOS Touch screen

Hi,

On EOS Classic touchscreens, the touch sensitive part seem to be divided into two halves. Tapping on either half works fine, but dragging across this divide doesn't work, neither in the EOS software nor on the Windows level. So far I haven't been able to find another EOS user to confirm this, but for now I'm assuming that this is normal and unavoidable behaviour, not a defect of my own console.

In EOS, this is noticeable in two places

1) Magic sheets. Can't drag across the divide to select fixtures or move things around. Nothing can be done about that I guess.

2) The pattern editor in the FX window. Since EOS v2.8, the Effect editor has grown vertically, and the focus effect pattern editor has moved up the screen. Which means it now crosses the divide between the Bottom and the top half of the screen, so it's almost impossible to draw custom effect patterns via the touchscreen. It works fine on v2.7.4, as the pattern FX editor is lower on the screen and doesn't cross the divide. On 2.8 and 2.9, there would be sufficient space on the screen to keep the FX pattern editor where it was -- can it be moved back there?

I understand that there are (probably) not many EOS Classic users out there any more, and thus the priority to even touch the v2.9 software is low. But if there ever is another update to 2.9, maybe this can be addressed.

3 screenshots attached -- all in the FX pattern editor. The one with the amoeboid shape is v2.7.4.

Parents
  • Hello,

Thank you for making us aware of this issue.  We have written up some bug reports related to this and hope to resolve in a future version of v2.9.x.

Thank you,

Sasha

• Hi Sasha -  ,
    I had a look at the fix in 2.9.3! I'm really grateful that ETC is still taking this old console seriously enough to put out an update.

However I was just wondering if the fix was intended exactly as I see it on the console here. The drawing tool in the effect editor does stay below the touchscreen half-height break ... but it also shrinks to about 40% width and height, making it harder to work with. See photos. The random floating x-Axis descriptor ('pan' or 'time' here) also looks so out of place that I doubt this was intentional.

Did maybe the wrong build make it through the release process? (2.9.3 b12 here) 

Really not wanting to complain though :)    But wanted to mention it in case there are other Classic users out there who'll run into the same thing.

All the best,

Daniel

• Hi Sasha -  ,
    I had a look at the fix in 2.9.3! I'm really grateful that ETC is still taking this old console seriously enough to put out an update.

However I was just wondering if the fix was intended exactly as I see it on the console here. The drawing tool in the effect editor does stay below the touchscreen half-height break ... but it also shrinks to about 40% width and height, making it harder to work with. See photos. The random floating x-Axis descriptor ('pan' or 'time' here) also looks so out of place that I doubt this was intentional.

Did maybe the wrong build make it through the release process? (2.9.3 b12 here) 

Really not wanting to complain though :)    But wanted to mention it in case there are other Classic users out there who'll run into the same thing.

All the best,

Daniel

Children
No Data
Related