light organ via Midi

Hello every body,

i thought about to make a Light Organ with a Midi Keyboard.

After setting up a showcontroll list and connecting the Keyboard, i wrapt my head around the setup and came up with some first idea.

For better explaination:
My way of thinking of a Light Organ is that i have a Keyboard and can freely play on it.
I could play single Notes as well as Chords.
It will allways make some nice things.

I started with a grid of PARs and the desire to have every single PAR on a Key of the Keyboard.

So i set up a bunch of Submasters and feeded the Show Controll List.

... Kind of went well. But hitting two keys at the same time made my Submasters to stumble about there Feet.

How do i set up my Submasters and Showcontroll?

Submasters:

Channel at Full and Hold for the Bump

Showcontroll:

-specific Note (like G3) while ignoring the velocity and then trigger the Sub-Bump

-Two triggers were set. 1. Note ON(9N 2B 7F), 2. Note OFF(8N 2B 7F)

As i said, hitting two or more Notes at the same time made me(or my Submasters) run in to some trouble.

First Idea isn't working as planed... Ok, hopp on to the next.

I made in the past some triggering via Midi and a Sub.

We ended up with just triggering the Sub once and make a hold of 2 Seconds.

Thats nice...

But not exactly what i wanted.

Then i rememberd Al Crawford doing a piece of  Skrjabin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsvad1d3aTQ&list=PL3nU0ezHaNJVtMfmDiwP0cF5uSIqWD8mL&index=4&t=3581s

Nicely explained.

But i have not tryed it yet and i don't think i can make it like a real Light Organ.

So far my ideas.

Do have any one some other ideas?

I thought about two more things with some more work involed.

1. make a MIDI-DMX converter

2. make a MIDI-OSC converter

But right now i don't have the knowledge and i can't find out how i can use Luminosus for this.

Any thoughts?

yours

thilda

• I ran into similar problems a while ago, when I tried to use my MidiFighter to Bump Submasters.
    Luminosus didn't really help, as EOS stumbled over the OSC commands just as it did over the direct MIDI.
    Not only does EOS seem to have trouble with simultaneous inputs, it also handles quick sequences badly. Some of the inputs just get lost.

I wanted to write a post about it back then, but kinda forgot about it. Thank you for bringing this up again!

Related