Submaster Question

When I setup up some legacy lights and record them to a sub every thing works fine as expected. But, if I turn some ML /LEDs to say red and record them to a sub and then change the color and record to a separate sub things go awry. The color saved in the 1st sub gets changed to that in the 2nd one! What am I doing wrong?  

Parents
  • the question is what would you expect to happen?

• Ouch! I kinda thought if I turned a LED to red and saved it to sub1 then turned it green and saved it to sub2 I could later raise these subs in turn to to see the red and then green. Sure I have done this before but a couple of days ago it seemed whatever I put in the last sub also got recorded to the earlier one!

• You weren't careful when recording the subs in that you didn't specify what you want to record.

You want to write Chan 1 Red Record Sub 1 Enter, and later Chan 1 Green Record Sub 2 Enter.

There's a way to clean up the existing subs, but it's probably simplest to first delete those two subs and then start over.

• Just followed your example to the 'T' Deleted subs 9 and 10 then;

chan 107 red record sub 9 enter

chan 107 blue record sub 10 enter

Pulled up sub 9 then 10 - Both came up blue. I chose the colors this time from the filter panel bottom, to left of CIA. And did it all again but set colors in the ML panel. and use 107 record sub!

I know I must be doing something weird because I certainly have saved different colors using LED tape so can't figure this thing out.

• Ok I'm getting somewhere. I was looking for those color changes when operating subs in AUG3D.

Repeated all in anew file and pulled up subs and saw what I should see in Live Table Patched. IE sub 9 = Red and sub10 =Green.

Now to really confuse the issue - having done all this and thinking it was AUG3D I switched back to the AUG2D screen and yep, now the colors came up as expected. Ouch!

I'm going to theatre now to try this out on the real console. But seem to be making progress. I'll advise when I get back. Thanks for helping me sort this out.

• Ok I'm getting somewhere. I was looking for those color changes when operating subs in AUG3D.

Repeated all in anew file and pulled up subs and saw what I should see in Live Table Patched. IE sub 9 = Red and sub10 =Green.

Now to really confuse the issue - having done all this and thinking it was AUG3D I switched back to the AUG2D screen and yep, now the colors came up as expected. Ouch!

I'm going to theatre now to try this out on the real console. But seem to be making progress. I'll advise when I get back. Thanks for helping me sort this out.

Children
No Data
Related