Variables in effects

I have been trying to work out variables in effects. 

I can place variables in an effect (in this case CP), assign them and then record the effect in a cue. All good there. 

I can modify the variables in the effect and it changes the effect and then I can record a new cue or update the current cue.

Where I am having trouble is finding out what variables I have used in an effect in a cue. 

I tried running the cue and then looking at the effect in the effect editor but the effect editor just showed the last modification to the effect. 

I tried effect 1 about and it showed me where effect 1 was in use (in my case q1&3) so now I have run out of thoughts. I even consulted the manual but could not find any more info other than the variables in effects section.

Can some one please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Geoff

• If you are in the cue in question and press Effect once you should see the mini editor at the bottom of the screen and it should show the variables used.  

Are you saying that when you do this you see the last edits rather than the variables used?  Or just if you go to the Effect tab in blind?

• I have done as you suggested. While in q1 and running E1 I press effect once and the mini editor come up and in the attributes space it tells me I have V1,2 &3 and what their value is. even though I am only using V1 and 2 in a 2 step absolute effect and the actions variable are CP. 

I am using ver 3.0 build 389 so I might update and see what that brings.

Regards

Geoff

• Update: I did the update. Now I am thinking I am getting it wrong in the programming.. I set C1 E1 up with CP 1 and 2. Start E1 and record C1. Next cue I stop the effect and record a static look. C3 E1 I set up with CP 2 and 3, start the effect and record C3. the parameters that can be used are RGB and it seems that only RG are being used where CP 1 is Red CP2 is Green and CP3 is Blue. in the Level col it says CP V1 and CP V2. I am so confused. I think I need to find the video again but I have not been able to find it lately.

Related