effect in cue

So this probably an incredibly noob question, but not having much look googling for the answer, and I must not being understanding something fundamental. 

I am trying to create some effects for a few musical numbers for our production of Grease, I've created a basic effect, but what I don't understand is how to start my effect in a cue? I'd like a cue that ends the effect, and then a cue that ends the effect.

What is the best way to do this??

I'd like the effect to repeat (until cue ends it), and I'd like re-use the same effect with different speeds (cycle i believe?). 

Thanks in advanced. 

Parents
  • The first part is easy...

put the channels in your "start" cue into the desired effect and record/update. If tracking, then in the desired "off/end" cue change the state of those channels to something else either by "stop effect" or some form of manual or referenced control and then record/update.

Now for the "same effect... different speeds" bit, depending on the type of effect you have created that may/may not be possible and may/may not have the desired result. The better plan here may be to copy the effect and change the parameters you want to change. This will give you more granular control over your effects overall. Of course depending on your operator you can also make modifications via magic sheets / faders to rate and size in a busking style of operation.

Hope this helps... if you have more details we can probably help more. Also the YouTube playlist on EOS Effects may be of binge worthy credit for you.

• The first part is easy...

put the channels in your "start" cue into the desired effect and record/update. If tracking, then in the desired "off/end" cue change the state of those channels to something else either by "stop effect" or some form of manual or referenced control and then record/update.

Now for the "same effect... different speeds" bit, depending on the type of effect you have created that may/may not be possible and may/may not have the desired result. The better plan here may be to copy the effect and change the parameters you want to change. This will give you more granular control over your effects overall. Of course depending on your operator you can also make modifications via magic sheets / faders to rate and size in a busking style of operation.

Hope this helps... if you have more details we can probably help more. Also the YouTube playlist on EOS Effects may be of binge worthy credit for you.

Children
  • Just to top up the last answer with some syntax Chan [1] [thru] [10 [[Effect1]  this will start the effect. Record this effect in to a cue such as [record][cue][1] this records the the state on stage including the channels in the effect.

To stop the cue there are several ways to do it and here is 1. Chan [1][thru][10][effect][at][enter] Another way is chan [1][thru][10][stop effect][enter] 

With using the same effect for different cues then copying the effect is one way. Another is using variables in effects which allows you to change parameters and record those changes at cue level but this is a whole other game. The videos linked above are great at explaining the effects engine and how they work. 

Enjoy the learning ride and let us know how you got on.

Regards

Geoff

Related