What are the fixture library rules for which timing parameters are used...

I have a very old showfile which I've just updated to use the v3.0.2 fixtures in order to make Augment3D work. As you might imagine this is causing a bit of pain.

One very particular question relating to this: are there any 'in house' (at ETC or at Carallon) rules as to which speed/beam time parameters are used?

For example, this show has VL3500 Spots and VL3000 Wash fixtures. 

Both have a beam time parameter controlling (amongst other things) the beam size - 'Zoom'.

On the VL3500 Spot, the current fixture has this as 'Beam MSpeed/Beam MSpeed Mode'. (The current VL1000AS fixture has the same thing).

But the VL3000 Wash fixture uses 'Zoom MSpeed' and 'ZoomMSpeed Mode'.

Given that these are the exact same fixture family, these should surely all be using the same - probably Beam MSpeed - parameters?

(I know I could just edit this to fix it, but that now breaks being able to easily move to updated fixtures in the future; it would also involve some careful juggling of parameters to make sure the information could now transfer across safely).

Also, while we're on the subject, please could we raise the subject of all the 'MSpeed'-type parameters just going into their own 'timing' category so they're not always getting jumbled in with the actual parameters for each category (pan/tilt, edge, zoom etc).

Thanks!

Rob.

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related