M-Speed Mode

Sorry, as you might be able to tell from the flurry of M-Speed discussion, I'm back doing a show that uses M-Speed channels on the Vari-Lites.

This has been slightly impacted by updating the showfile from 2.xx to 3, wherein the new MSpeed mode channels have appeared.

However, having figured out what's meant to happen, feels like I set the 'MSpeed Mode' channel to 'use speed', then set the MSpeed chan to the time I want. 

Ie. to make the move happen in 3 secs, I set the MSpeed chan to 003. 

Unfortunately it's quite hard to set some values you might want.

So on the command line: chan POSMSPEED 01 (for one sec) shows 0.6 on the screen.

'Reverse engineering' the value using DMX does work correctly (so @//05 shows '1' on the screen, and is the correct value for one sec) - but obviously you need to know the DMX values.

Pos MSPEED @01 correctly sets 1 sec - so is the issue that just going 01 (no @) goes to the first 'frame' which is perhaps 0.6sec? But if I then type POS MSPEED 01 the value doesn't change - stays showing as 1.

Using the encoders is also odd - if I go POS SPEED 01 (0.6 shows) then turn the encoder clockwise it jumps to 2. The only way I can get to 1 sec is to use shift to get the encoder into fine mode.

It's all a bit of a faff.....

Rob.

Related