Flexi-Active-Blind

For some reason on today's show I'm using the flexi-active display mode, which I rarely use.

Flexi-active for displays is different from active for select, because fading down to 0 counts as active - i.e. you see which lights have just gone out in a cue.

My random thought/question is:

Could the same thing happen for lights that are about to come on? In other words if chan 1comes on in q2 and you're in q1, you'd see chan 1's tombstone. This would make it easier to follow what was happening (particularly when stepping through cues in blind) because you'd be pre-warned of lights that were about to come on (they'd show as intensity '-' rather than intensity '0', and would have no other reason to be visible).

Just a thought.

Rob.

Parents
  • Not at a console now, but I am pretty sure that channels fading to 0 disappear the moment they reach 0. So technically they are active as long as they are fading, they are active. 
    i am also pretty sure that there is no easy way of displaying channels coming up in the next cue. Of course you can jump into blind and select the following cue, which would (in Flexi active) show all channels active in the next cue with the blue being the ones fading up in said cue. 
    I think there is also a „query“ which gives you the channels with move instructions in the next cue. I’m not sure about the exact syntax. 
    another thing a bit close to what you want is Flexi „in use“ which shows the channels marking. Of course this is not exactly what you are looking for and totally different if you are not using automar and also totally useless for any standard dimmer channels coming up next cue. 

• Not at a console now, but I am pretty sure that channels fading to 0 disappear the moment they reach 0. So technically they are active as long as they are fading, they are active. 
    i am also pretty sure that there is no easy way of displaying channels coming up in the next cue. Of course you can jump into blind and select the following cue, which would (in Flexi active) show all channels active in the next cue with the blue being the ones fading up in said cue. 
    I think there is also a „query“ which gives you the channels with move instructions in the next cue. I’m not sure about the exact syntax. 
    another thing a bit close to what you want is Flexi „in use“ which shows the channels marking. Of course this is not exactly what you are looking for and totally different if you are not using automar and also totally useless for any standard dimmer channels coming up next cue. 

Children
  • Hey...

No, in flexi-active in blind, at least, the channels going out (ie fading to 0) seem to show on the screen. 

Not sure preview would work if the channels weren't showing in the first place (ie. because of flexi-active mode)?

It's just very disconcerting when stepping through cues, particularly in blind, knowing which channels have just come in as the flexi-active screen re-arranges itself. Particularly since there is no difference in the colour coding between a channel coming up in level the cue (blue) and a channel coming in (ie. fading up from zero) in the cue, and there's long been an argument for having that as well...

Rob.

Related