Group Next Record Preset is storing for the whole group, not just the selected channel

So:

Group 1 ENTER selects chans 1, 2

NEXT - now I'm working with just chan 1

(adjust pan/tilt)

pan-tilt RECORD PRESET 1     : command line says 'GROUP 131: Chan 1 Pan Tilt Record Preset 1''

ENTER

Expectation: only chan 1's pan/tilt values will be recorded into that preset

Actual: pan/tilt of both chans 1, 2 (ie. the whole group) have been stored into that preset and are now set to that preset.

I think this is wrong...

(Interestingly, and arguably also wrong, if you just press RECORD without doing pan/tilt first then all of the group selection is cleared, you just get RECORD on the command line and so you'll record the whole state rather than just the channels you thought you were working on, whereas you might have expected to have the equivalent of chai-list RECORD, for either the whole group or just the channel you have stepped to within that group, on the command line).

Rob.

• For me it makes sense that the whole group get's recorded, as that is what you initially selected.
    If I just wanted to record one channel I wouldn't select it via a group.
    But that's up to personal taste and I get your point.

[Record] only appends to an "open" command line. Cycling through the channels within a group or selection in general only works after you finished the command with [Enter].

To append to the selection you have to "open" the cmd-line again using [Shift]+[Enter].

Related