live and blind (augment3d) steping through saved presets for a channel - feature reqeust or maybe someone knows something...

hi everyone.

we ve upgraded some lights in our house this season - more ml's, which enormly accelerates production work:-) but - now we have to deal with overfloat of presets. there is a way of thinking - it is easier to create new one instead of looking into the already created ones if there is anything we could recylce. i am looking for a workflow how to avoid it and need something to be able to step through already existing ones.

my first attemp was to create two macros:

live in highlight remdim modus:

[-intensity sneak enter

group preset next/last enter]

blind using augment3d:

[clear_cmd blind

preset next/last enter

group preset]

the scenario i was thinking of - we are in the middle of programming a cue for a play, there are already few manuall values (hopefully only intensity) and we need a position for something...

ram memory or whatever it is remembers which preset was selected or grouped last and thats where my "steping through" starts, if i do [preset enter] in live it gives me that number, which means if i want to start from the very first preset i first would have to do [group preset home enter] and then do my steps into [next] direction.

i think we defenitly gonna use it but - i would love to have similar possibility to step through presets for one channel, going only through the presets where this channel is saved. i wasnt able to find any type of a filter in that kind. my macro sofar is:

live in highlight remdim modus:

[type in the channel enter]

macro: [select_last -intenstiy sneak enter

group preset next/last enter

select_last select_last preset enter]

whith this one i still would have to step through all of the presets but at least for just one channel but  - in highlight remdim modus selecting something without closing the command line with enter causes these lights to shine, which leads to some sort of a strob of the group beeing selected for a milisecond. i could do the [...group preset next/last...] in blind, still in the last line the first select_last makes the group to strobe once.

i tried to look into the query but i belive it doenst have the option to look for presets. there is even no preset information in about for a cahnnel...

Parents Reply Children
Related