New to ETC consoles and want to know how to connect the EOS software on a Mac to our old Element console.

I am volunteering at out school's performing arts center that has an older Win7 EOS Element console.  I did just update the software to the latest version 3.0.2.6.  I have downloaded the EOS Nomad version on a MacBook Pro with the same version.  I have the iOS iRFR app working as a remote. (Huge timesaver when checking and focusing lights!!)

Is it possible to use the MacBook as a remote control for the Element console?  Do I need to purchase a dongle or something, or will it just connect over the network once I figure out the correct settings.  I didn't want to dig too deep if I need to buy something first.  The Element is an isolated room and without volunteers it would be nice to control lights from the sound booth.

I have seen the education pack advertised for $250, but can't seem to find anyone who actually has it available.  If I can network the two together without the extra dongle, that would be wonderful.

Thank you!

Parents
  • You will need an ETCnomad dongle in order to use the macbook as a remote.  Without a dongle it will be able to connect but only mirror the Element console's monitor, not allow changes to take place.  

I apologize for ongoing parts shortages.  We are doing what we can to get parts into people's hands as quickly as possible.

• saranow:  When you say mirror the element, will it allow you to control the lights as far as fading in and out. The board that I have is up in the audio booth but it is on the second story of the theater and having the ability to just fade up and down on stage to check lights would be a great help. Thanks for your response.

• I'm not Sara so I hope it is still okay that I answer your question. :D

Mirror mode won't help you in this case because it only mirrors what the desk is doing without giving you control over anything. The only thing that you can use is paging up and down and shutdown. If you want to make any changes you need a dongle to log in in client mode or (what may be the better solution if you really just want to turn on and of lights) the IOS iRFR app.

In my theatre for example we use the app to trigger a rig check cuelist.

• I'm not Sara so I hope it is still okay that I answer your question. :D

Mirror mode won't help you in this case because it only mirrors what the desk is doing without giving you control over anything. The only thing that you can use is paging up and down and shutdown. If you want to make any changes you need a dongle to log in in client mode or (what may be the better solution if you really just want to turn on and of lights) the IOS iRFR app.

In my theatre for example we use the app to trigger a rig check cuelist.

Children
Related