Nomad remote client over Internet

I'm want to remote control a Nomad with another Nomad over the internet - any guidance on how to set this up?

I've read ETC's "Guide to remote operation of EOS via WAN" https://support.etcconnect.com/ETC/Consoles/Eos_Family/Software_and_Programming/Guide_to_remote_operation_of_EOS_via_WAN but didn't really understand what I have to do!

The best solution seems to be to set up a VPN across both machines - will my 2nd Nomad just see the main one, or do I need to do anything else to get them to talk to each other? I believe this is different to a remote desktop (I'd rather save my internet bandwidth for my Zoom view of the stage rather than mirroring the monitor view over the internet).

Any suggestions of what VPN to use - the main machine is a windows laptop, the remote my macbook pro.

The main machine outputs DMX through a Gadget, and needs to be networked to a Qlab machine for OSC triggers.

If I could use oscRFR on my android tablet remotely as well that would be amazing, but not vital.

Thanks for your help! I'm sure others have figured this out over the last year - I just couldn't find a step by step guide to follow!

Related