Create odds - evens effect

Hello!

I have been dealing with effects the last couple days for a lighting project.

I am trying to create an effects where odd channels will be on while even will be off.

What type of effect should that be, any ideas?

Also after I created a simple on off effect with all the LEDs that I have for some reason I can't make it go quicker. I played around with step time etc but I can't get what I want..

Would anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

Parents
  • I would use an absolut effect: step 1 level 100, step 2 level 0. Adjust the dwell and hold times as you wish and choose grouping 2 and trail solo.  

Try effect rate to make your effect quicker. 

hope I could help. :) 

• Thank you for this! The effect worked really good.

As for the other one. Is there an effect rate somewhere? Or you just mean play around with times..

• you can change the timing in two places:

- inside the definition of the effect: you have the timing columns and the cycle time field (all noted in seconds). those are linked. the step times you used however don't do what you seem to expect. they define how soon the next step starts rather than how fast the step develops once it's started. think of it like a Follow time rather than a fade time. for fade time you want to use the next column.

- when the effect is running you can change with a timing factor how fast your effect is running as a whole. this is called a cue level override since it doesn't change the effect itself, but rather how that effect is executed in the cue you're currently recording. this timing factor is called Rate and it's in percent (i.e. 100 means unchanged, 200 means double speed).

• you can change the timing in two places:

- inside the definition of the effect: you have the timing columns and the cycle time field (all noted in seconds). those are linked. the step times you used however don't do what you seem to expect. they define how soon the next step starts rather than how fast the step develops once it's started. think of it like a Follow time rather than a fade time. for fade time you want to use the next column.

- when the effect is running you can change with a timing factor how fast your effect is running as a whole. this is called a cue level override since it doesn't change the effect itself, but rather how that effect is executed in the cue you're currently recording. this timing factor is called Rate and it's in percent (i.e. 100 means unchanged, 200 means double speed).

Children
No Data
Related