Color palettes and dummy channels

I am looking to execute the following and could use some help, step-by-step:

When recording by-type color palettes, I like to make “dummy” channels that aren’t actually patched to real lights as my by-type channels. I then put them all in a group so I can quickly select all my by-type channels. Once I have a color set for all by-type channels and I’m ready to record a new color palette, I use “Group x Record Color Palette y By Type Enter””

I am attempting to simply copy color from one Skypanel to another. Recording color palette “by type” doesn’t always do this. Also, “by type” isn’t easily accessible with my show control, OSCrfr (as far as I know.)

I really wish I could just save color and recall it as easily as in, say, Luminair, for example….Flushed

Parents
    1. first you patch your dummy channels. one channel per fixture type, for our example let's say that those are chanels 4001-4003.
    2. record a group (e.g. Group 4001) with channels 4001 thru 4003.
    3. in Live select at least one channel of a real light and the dummy channel of the same fixture.
    4. turn them on so you can see them on stage.
    5. with still real plus dummy channel selected, mix your color.
    6. type Chan 4001 Record ColorPalette 1 ByType Enter
    7. repeat steps 3-6 for the other fixture types.
      you could also do steps 3 thru 5 for each fixture type first and then use Group 4001 Record ColorPalette ByType Enter.
  • Thank you for the very fast response. This is my very first post in the community so I really appreciate it. Just wow! Haha. Thank you.

I believe I understand most of your steps, except step 1, as I don’t know how to create a dummy channelFace palm tone2 I made my own copy of a dimmer and didn’t assign it an address: would this be considered a dummy channel?

• dummy channels are channels that you patch for the sole reason of seeing it as a channel in the console without wanting it to generate output.

so if you patch Chan 4001 as Dimmer but don't assign a DMX address then congrats you patched your first dummy channel. of course for your plan with color palettes you will need fixture types that can change color, like a color mixing LED or a moving light.

• Excellent, thank you. I will let you know how it goes

Reply Children
No Data
Related