Sub Priority Glitch causing first selected channel to goto full. Why? Making a black out sub.

Hello,

When I made a new sub to use as a black-out sub, I selected the group I wanted to black out.

Using either the intensity wheel on the ML page or by hitting @ full and -%, I placed the channels in the group at "0".

Then, I recorded it to a sub. I had to set the sub to Priority 10 to over-ride the other subs that are at 100%.

This will black-out all the channels BUT....

When the black-out sub reaches 100%, the first channel that is in the group or selection you recorded to the new black out sub will go to FULL? The other ones will goto 0 like they should.

It's not a patch problem. I've tried it on different channels or groups and it always does it on the first one.

Any Idea's?

Thanks!

Parents Reply Children
  • I tried to keep the new Black-out Sub (just a simple fader on the wing) at the same as the other ones (at priority 4) , but when you have other scenes up on other faders (Subs) at 100%, the new Black-out Sub will not over come the other subs either at HTP or LTP. The only way it works is to set it at a higher priority?

I could leave it at (P4) and make it an Inhibitive sub and then it works correctly, it even gets rid of the "glitch" I talked about above, BUT, with unmotorized subs on the wings and using multiple pages, the sub would stay down and then the confusion begins that things are blacked out (if you know what I mean).

• Thanks for replying with that video.

I have to run to do a show right know, but I'll send you a video of what mine is doing as soon as I can.

Thanks!

Meanwhile, if you do the same thing, but using just dimmer channels for your other two subs and see if it does the same thing? I was using my source 4's on the other subs.

• If you select the channel that is popping to full and hit [About] what does the console think is the source for that channel?

• Hi Ueliriegg,

I found out that using the black-out sub configured at LTP AND Priority 10 fixes the problem of the first fixture selected, (recorded) in the black-out sub from going to FULL when the sub reaches 100%.

Although, I believe this is still something ETC needs to take a look at to fix.

• i'm sure attaching your showfile to your reply (Insert > Image/Video/File) would help ETC figuring this out

• I agree with Ueli that having your show file would help us.  Right now it appears to be an HTP/LTP interaction of some kind but having the show might help us determine more accurately what might be wrong.

• National Act Rev22 2021-11-11 02-19-13.esf

This file has the "Black" sub 141 already set to P10 & LTP. Just change it to HTP or P4 to see the issue I was having. You can move sub 142 up to 100% first to turn on the source 4's.

You will notice a repeat of the sub names every 4 pages. That's just for me to switch pages to set up for different songs etc.

Thanks for taking a look at it.

• While I think the overall solution is to have this be LTP and higher priority, we did take a look at this and find an issue and write it up as Eos-52989.  It will revert the level on the first channel selected when the sub was recorded.  Thank you for your patience. 

• Thanks for the reply and looking in to it. I thought it was acting strange and it's nice your seeing about improving its performance and finding a fix.

Related