"pong FX"

I'm trying to build an FX on 10 fixture( with different start position) that Tilt up and down :

- with the exact same speed.

- to the same value up then the same value down.

like infinite bouncing balls on a wall.

I thought it was easy but in fact it looks much more difficult.

am i missing something ?

Thank you

Clément

Parents
  • so you have movers 1-10 pointing to a wall but they're not lined up. you want to start the effect and have the movers move up and down with the same speec. you don't want them to to go up to the same top, but rather the same distance from their starting point? and do all of them move up at the same time, then move back down at the same time?

• Thanks for the fast reply.

I want them to go to the same tilt top ! (and not to the same distance from their starting point...)

And in my case they don't move up and down at the same time (some are descending while others are ascending...).

• you want to use an Absolute Effect for that.

- first create a focus palette (or a preset containing pan/tilt) for the top position and one for the bottom position. in this example they're called FocusPalette 1 and 2.
    - go to the effect list, create a new effect, choose type Absolute
    - you need to steps (called Action), there already there by default.
    - go to the last column (Level), in the first row type Focus Palette 1 Enter, in the second Focus Palette 2 Enter
    - go back to Live, select the channels and start the effect (Chan 1 Thru 10 Effect 1 Enter.

this effect will only work for channels that have values in the two focus palettes.

• Thanks a lot for this answer and for helping me.

It is not that simple !

in the effect you have built all the fixture does a "sinus movement "dues to the "spread" grouping mode.

What i need is when a fixture goes on the top value (which is the same tilt value for every fixture) it descend but the beginning must be a random position so every fixture goes up and down at different moments (because they have the same speed but they dont start at the same places).

• If you Offset the group and thenuse the effect that Ueli suggested will work as you want.

Chan 1thru10 (Offset) (random) effect "X"

You can random the group in the effect attributes to.

• Hello, it become closer to what i'm looking for !

But with a random offset the tilt value jump to a random location when i start the FX ! and dont start at the location of the fixture !

Reply Children
Related