Can you make a looping range in a fixture personality?

I am trying to make a personality for a custom built DMX controlled clock, and I was wondering if there is a way for me to make a range, which when it gets to the final value can be increased again into the bottom one?

This would allow me to make a fixture profile, which has a 'color wheel' with the different times as it's values (noon is 0, 1oclock is dmx 1 etc..)

So for instance, I have the clock set to 11oclock (say dmx 9), then I would be able to 'increase' it to 2 over 10 secconds, which would make eos send out: ...10...11...0...1...2

Is there a simple way to do this in the fixture editor, or should I look into a different way of controling the clock?

Thanks, Robbie

Parents
  • Hmmm,

you can set out some ranges and spin your wheel manualy. But i can' think of it to work with a automated Move over 12o'clock.

So in my oppinion your 12 o'clock would always be your point to start again the loop.

maybe you can have a 0 and a 12, that would be realy helpful.

But i think you should always start and stop there. If you make a Cue-Run, or FX-Run 12 o'clock is your pivot point.
    Since dmx starts at 0 and ends at 255.

thilda

• Hmmm,

you can set out some ranges and spin your wheel manualy. But i can' think of it to work with a automated Move over 12o'clock.

So in my oppinion your 12 o'clock would always be your point to start again the loop.

maybe you can have a 0 and a 12, that would be realy helpful.

But i think you should always start and stop there. If you make a Cue-Run, or FX-Run 12 o'clock is your pivot point.
    Since dmx starts at 0 and ends at 255.

thilda

Children
No Data
Related