Sub / Fader confusion

Hello

When a sub is recorded using the load button, the sub number is linked to the page/fader number.
But when we try to move it using the load button again, it doesn't work.
To be logical, [Load button 1] [move to] [load button 2] should move sub 1 to sub 2.

In another case, if we move sub 1 into the fader 2 without renumber it. Then if we record something into fader 1, it overwrite or merge the sub 1. This could cause mistakes.

So I guess the method to move a sub from a fader without any risk to overwrite it in the futur is :
[shift] + [load button 1]
[sub] [1] [move to] [sub] [2]
[load button 2]

This is time consuming, especially if we have several faders to move.

Is there a better way or a way to improve it please ?

Thank you

Parents
  • The reason the syntax [load button x] [move to] [load button y] doesn't work is due to pressing the load button on a fader that has contents post those contents to the command line. 

In your example, sub 1 is posted to the command line after pressing load button 1.

For anything that is1 fade page minus one fader (or less), I use

[load button x]

[load button y]

[shift] + [load button x]

And repeat as needed

This seems the fastest to me to do while operating.

Following your example, this would:

post sub 1 to the command line

then map sub 1 to fader 2

then unmap sub 1 from fader 1 

You could take the logic you are expecting though, and use the fader soft key:

{fader} [1] [/] [1] [Move To] {fader} [1] [/] [2] 

[enter] to confirm

The first number being the fader page number, after the slash being the fader number.

Caution using this method: If you move to a fader that is already mapped, your new contents will be mapped to the fader when the confirming enter is pressed, which may cause confusion.

Anything more than 1 fader page minus one fader,  I tend to open up the fader config tab and make edits there.

• Thanks for your reply.
    But with your method, the problem remains the same.
    I move sub 1 into fader 2. Then if I try to record something into fader 1, it will overwrite the sub 1 (which is in fader 2 !).
    So we must do 2 manipulations: move the sub from a fader to another AND change the number of the sub to avoid any unwanted merge.

• Thanks for your reply.
    But with your method, the problem remains the same.
    I move sub 1 into fader 2. Then if I try to record something into fader 1, it will overwrite the sub 1 (which is in fader 2 !).
    So we must do 2 manipulations: move the sub from a fader to another AND change the number of the sub to avoid any unwanted merge.

Children
Related