ION xe20 Desk Lamp stopped working after upgrading to 3.1

Desk lamp won't work. Will work on a Classic ION upgraded to 3.1

Parents
  • Is it stuck off or on? 
    I am able to dim one on an Ion Xe 20 v3.1.0 at this time using the new brightness settings in the Setup menu.

• *Solved

Tech Support saves the day. Turns out that the Gadget/IO Board firmware upgrade was corrupted/lost. I didn't realize that the console was also not outputting DMX. After step by step resetting of the gadget board and restoring the firmware, within 15 minutes, the console was back to normal. 

Apparently, this is an unusual situation. When the Gadget/IO Module firmware was improperly upgraded, it was missing from the Detected Modules. The firmware had to be reinstalled manually.

I'm marveled by the amazing knowledge of ETC tech support. 

• *Solved

Tech Support saves the day. Turns out that the Gadget/IO Board firmware upgrade was corrupted/lost. I didn't realize that the console was also not outputting DMX. After step by step resetting of the gadget board and restoring the firmware, within 15 minutes, the console was back to normal. 

Apparently, this is an unusual situation. When the Gadget/IO Module firmware was improperly upgraded, it was missing from the Detected Modules. The firmware had to be reinstalled manually.

I'm marveled by the amazing knowledge of ETC tech support. 

Children
  • Essentially this exact same thing happened to me today,on an ION Xe20.  After upgrading to 3.1.0 there was a Firmware update available for the internal Gadget. I did the update, it failed and the gadget stopped working, and so did the Littlite.  Tech stepped me through how to fix the Gadget, it took all of 5 or 10 minutes.  All fine now, including the Littlelite.

Related