Cop Light Effect on an Arri Skypanel S60. How to set this up?

Hello. I saw a programmer do this on a Road Hog. I have trying like crazy to do the same, without true success. The major obstacle is the color not "snapping" from red to blue and the back to red. There is always a magenta in between.

Also when I saw this, the programmer split the S60 into two halves. It would be great to know how this is done as well. Please help.

• Could it, by any chance, be the internal FX CopCar?

I scrolled through the manual and that it what jumped into my eyes.

And a have not seen something about Zones or splitts.

But i only scrolled through...

• Here is a video of the Cop Car Effect on a Sky Panel, shown at 15.9% power, R+B Mode: https://youtu.be/yEaHPPmpyww?t=10

Here is a video on how to set it up using the controller on the rear of the panel: www.youtube.com/watch

• Thank you for your suggestions. The point I didn't make clear is; I would like to do this from the ETC console, not the built in effects on the Arri fixture.

Here is something I have come up with that works...

Create an Absolute Effect:

Action.           Param.     Time.    Dwell    Level.   

1.                                    0.          .63.        Red 

2.                                    0.          .63.        Blue

3.                                    0.          .63.        Red

4.                                    0.          .63.        Blue

my cycle time is set at 2.5. but this can always be changed.

This gets the red and blue with the snap without a in between color pretty well. But still does not address the half and half that I saw the other programmer splitting the light.

Would be very interested in seeing some better options if you wish to share. Thank you in advance.

• I again looked into the Manual and the extra DMX-chart.

The Police-FX can be triggered and modified via DMX/sACN/ArtNet in Modes 22 or 23 

Starting from Mode 24 and up you have the possibility to activly splitt the Skypannel S60-C into 2 halfs.

For Multicell-like use, please loo into the DMX-PDF v4.4 Page52 following ( PDF name: Arri skyPanel - DMX Protokol Specification V4.4).

As i read the manual right, there is only in Mode22/23 the internal FX-engine adjustable via DMX and from Mode24 on (following) Multicell possible.

If you use a other Mode, there is no Police-FX with splitt available.

Please proof me wrong.

Edit:

As you maybe can see in the DMX-Chart, at Page46, you are able to modify the internal FX via DMX. So no need to come up with an own FX...

• THANK YOU! THIS WAS DEFINITELY THE ANSWER I WAS LOOKING FOR. I have the opportunity to play around with an S60. I found mode 22 to be my favorite, which is an 8-bit mode. Mode 23 is the 16 bit version of this. And mode 24 was a split screen with limited options beyond the fact that it split the light in two.

But, you do not need to use mode 24 to obtain a split screen for an effect like cop lights. In modes 22 and 23 using the cfx para control, this automatically splits the light into two halves and by making your adjustments you can change the color.The CFX Para set at zero gives you a blue blue flashing light, and at 100%, it is red red. As you adjust between these two settings of 0 and 100 you will find other options for red blue, blue Amber, blue white, blue white red, blue Amber red, and it'll actually divide the screen into three sections.

The controls are not really very conducive, so you'll have to play around a little bit to find what you like. One thing that I did find that was a little disappointing is that there is not a rate adjustment to control the effect of the cop light. But using the cfx para control on other effects such as lightning, television, clouds etc you are able to control the rate to some degree.

Thank you again for your reply to my question and having lead the way to using the Arri Skypanel lighting effects from my Ion console.

Related