Re mounting a show and LED Color

Hi All, 

I am currently re mounting a show that was performed in another venue. I have the show file and all of the fixtures are patched and functioning, but the director says the LED Colors are not correct. They are different leds than the last venue had. is there a way to correct this without reprograming the whole show??

Im pretty good with the basics of the ION but i am not a programer. 

any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

• This can happen if the shows were mounted in different Eos software versions, especially if you jumped from, say, v2.6.4 to v3.1.0.  The color calibrations built into Eos have been updated several times in that timeframe.

If you are running in Eos v3.0.2 or v3.1.0 now, there is a setting in Setup > System Settings "Display Colors in D65" that you can try turning off to see what happens:

I guess I should also note that humans experience color as it reflects off of a surface like a wall or floor - so if the walls or floor or drapes are different (even a slight difference in color), that can affect the perceived LED colors.

If your show uses color palettes for reference, it's easy to change and update those once and have that change go through the whole show.  If they're programmed in as values (R=100, B=20, G=0) you will need to update each cue or sub individually.  It may be faster to replace those "hard" values with Color Palette references, which would make this easier in the future.

• Sorry, I mis-read your message that these are DIFFERENT LED fixtures than last time.  In that case, if they're programmed with specific values instead of references to a Gel, I wouldn't be surprised that the colors are different.

If the colors were programmed to be a Gel reference, then Eos tries its best (based on color calibration), to match them (so "Rosco 26" should appear the same color from different LED fixtures).  That's assuming that the LED fixtures in the old production and the new one both have measured calibartion and aren't just using the generic one.

Have you already updated your Patch to use the new LED fixtures at the new venue?  If not, give that a try - Eos will try to match color calibration between different fixture types.

At the end of the day, this is why using Color Palettes is powerful - If you store the Red look one way with one set of LED fixtures in cues throughout your show, you can easily update that Red color palette when you switch to different fixtures at a different venue.

Related