CPU usage high, fixed by deep clear

Does anyone know what factors may contribute to high CPU total usage, even when the console is idle (sending no output, or sending constant output)? Our Ion has had issues with the CPU total sitting at around 50% while it isn't calculating any fades and no graphically intense pages are open. The CPU usage would show what percentage is being taken by fades and GUI, but those two categories don't get close to the total usage when summed. This would cause a bottleneck when actual fades are happening, resulting in a visible stutter in the lights. I've been able to fix the issue by performing deep clears - I was just wondering if anyone could think of what might be causing this, so that I don't need to deep clear as often. Hard drive has plenty of free space, and I usually have about 5-6 magic sheet tabs, most of the direct select options, and the main cue list / live table open on my main snapshot.

Parents Reply
  • Hello   the logs are showing that your USB keyboard and mouse are disconnecting and reconnecting many many times during a given programming session.  That seems to be strongly correlated with the lags that are logged by the console, so I would suggest checking those connections and possibly running without that gear for a while to see if that improves things.  If they are hosted through a USB Hub, try plugging them directly into the console instead.

I'm also noticing a possible issue with your network setup - You may need to remove the "Default gateway" in your Network port that is currently offline.

Children
Related