Linear Effects Channel selection FX start point

So I have 1-20 channels - dimmers, all rigged in a row 1 SR - 20 SL. 

I create a linear sine wave effect running with a scale of 100, running chase look across my channels with quite a large trail. Entry immediate by size. Grouping 20. (I tired with grouping spread as well - same issue)

Syntax channel 1 thur 20 effect X enter. Record cue (or sub as this problem is on both) enter.

I trigger my effect sub / cue with a time of 0.

I want my effect to start running from the beginning of my channel selection immediately when I trigger it. But what happens is my channel 19/20 flash up very bright quickly and then the effect starts running from channel 1 thru 20 in sequence.

It does this every time the effect starts for the first time however I trigger it. I am assuming it’s related to the trail, as when channel 1 is at 100% with a large trail in makes sense that 18/19/20 are at 80%-90%ish. 

However this means a large flash of Light in the wrong part of the stage. Surely the trail shouldn’t kick in untill after the fx has started to run over that channel. I tried playing with spread and diffrent grouping numbers but I couldn’t fix it.

In the end the only thing I could do was run the FX over 1-30 with a grouping of 30 when channels  21-30 were unpatched. However this is a clunky work around as when I tweaked the trail size the problem would reappear again and I would have to edit my amount of unpatched channels.

Then when I had to reverse the channel selection in the effect things got even more funky as I had to reverse the effect on the patched channels 1-20 but keep the non patched running the effect the same to hide the trail flash at the start. I tried channels 1-20 offset reverse effect x enter. Update sub/cue but it wasn’t working in live or blind. However appreciate this is a separate issue but one compounded by the fact I had to have a load of fake channels to make my effect work. 

Am I approaching this wrong? Does anyone have a better way of doing this? I ran into this problem a lot with multiple effects last night. 

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related