Bug: Proportional discrete diming ignores discrete delay

I needed to get creative with a cue last week, 5-second cue, some parameters needed a 3-second delay, and then a faster fade.

I initially programmed those parameters [Delay] 3 [Enter], [Time] \ 5 [Enter], resulting in a parameter time of 3/50%. I discovered when playing back, that the parameters seemed to ignore the 3-second delay, and jumped right into the fade, and completing after 2.5 seconds.

Wasn't too difficult to address (re-timing the parameters to 3/2.5 sorted it out) but it wasn't behaviour I expected, wanted to make sure it's addressed if it is in fact a bug.

Parents Reply
  • Sorry, to be clear, I both know how to do basic addition, and how to operate an Eos console.

The entire purpose of this post is: Discrete proportional timing ignores discrete delay

When proportional timing is used discretely, the channel ignores any discrete delay. That doesn't make sense, so I'm reporting it as a bug so it can be addressed by ETC's developers.

That's it. I don't need advice on a workaround, I just want to see the bug fixed. That's all.

Children
Related