Beam Effect

Hi. Newbie here again. Can I Record an Effect that changes Beam over Time? I tried everything I can think of, but it doesn’t seem to be a choice. Thanksomuch. Element 2 EOS. 3.1

Parents
  • effects are usually used for changes that should be repeated over an over, think a blinking light, or a moving light drawing a figure of 8 on the stage floor.

"change Beam over Time" sounds like you want to have zoom small in one cue and zoom big in the next cue? that wouldn't be an effect, that would be just a regular cue transition.

• Thanks, but no, I need an Effect.  My (single) cue list is already running cues. (Element 2)    And, yes, I do want to repeat the Change Beam Effect over & over & over.   I'm thinking of making the fixture zoom in & out over & over,  while it changes color and intensity.   Unless I'm mistaken, I've been told here to put all of these effects on a Preset or Submaster.   I just don't know how to control the beam with an Effect.  Thanksomuch.

• Thanks, but no, I need an Effect.  My (single) cue list is already running cues. (Element 2)    And, yes, I do want to repeat the Change Beam Effect over & over & over.   I'm thinking of making the fixture zoom in & out over & over,  while it changes color and intensity.   Unless I'm mistaken, I've been told here to put all of these effects on a Preset or Submaster.   I just don't know how to control the beam with an Effect.  Thanksomuch.

Children
  • you can record an effect into a cue, no problem. it's a question of the structure of your show. is it completely cue'd? then put it in the right cue. does the effect have to be called spontaneously at changing points in the show? put it on a sub.

- you want an Absolute Effect.
    - click the Params cell for the first action and change to Zoom
    - repeat for Params cell in second action
    - click Level cell for the first action and write the zoom degree you want (e.g. minimum)
    - click Level cell for the second action and write the zoom degree you want (e.g. maximum)
    - Live, Chan x Effect y Enter
    - Effect Effect, change the rate of the speed until it looks good on stage.
    - Live, and record it somewhere.

Related